...about a 24 year old guy who's almost ready to accept himself...or so he thinks

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

here goes...

So here goes nothing. I've just recently been reading blogs about guys who are struggling to come out to family, friends, etc. and I have become inspired. In particular, Tim's blog really got me thinking...I see a lot of myself in him. I'll be 25 soon, have an undergrad in science (funny coincidence I guess), have dated girls but fancy guys, and 99% sure I'm gay. As of right now, no one knows that I'm gay (although I'm sure many suspect).

I sometimes feel like it's so late to be coming out now, and the time to do it was while I was in my undergrad at university. I have had a lot of time to think lately and I know it's about time I deal with who I am..blah blah blah...so I thought this blog might help as blogging appears to have helped others. I'm new to this whole blogging world so bear with me.:)

It's pretty late and I need to get up early and go Christmas shopping so I'll end with a promise to blog again soon. Please feel free to leave any comments along the way.

B (just B for now...still all about the anonymity);)

2 comments:

Matt in Argyle said...

good luck! I hope blogging works as well for you as it has for me.

Soul Seared Dreamer said...

I feel for you.

I use to think I left it too long to come out, finally I only came out last year, at a tender age of 24. So I can understand what you're going through.

Well actually 'came out' is rather a strong term.. started the process of coming out rather.

I gotta admit that blogging played a huge part in that process and I wish your blog provides you with the same kind of confidence that mine did.

You write well.